Tuesday, January 8, 2013
The Ritual
While I am quite satisfied with this short depth of field picture of the Praying Mantis, the process of taking this picture was painful to say at the least. First things first, I had a medium distance lens, that was absolutely horrific with close range shots, it would either go out of focus, or just shut down. Zooming only slightly mitigated the problem, and even with this lifesaving function, it took me at least twenty five photos over the course of fifteen minutes to get this photo.
As sad as it is, the photo did not really have any symbolic significances within the picture, due to its spontaneous nature. I did, however, was thinking of the Praying Mantis doing a queer hunting ritual, as it waved its "claws" and limbs slowly. Alas, I wasn't able to take pictures of that, and, if only if I had a short range camera in my arsenal, the results of my blood and sweat would have been a masterpiece...
No use crying over spilt milk I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment