Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Short Sighted Journey

Another spontaneous photo I took on the day I took "The Ritual", and just like The Ritual, the picture The Short Sighted Journey, is a bug picture. But there were several differences (for me) that did not show on the picture itself. The first was how easy it was to take this picture. The intense light generated from the sun gave me quite a bit of freedom regarding my shutter speed and F-stop. Because of this distinct advantage, I was able to freely change my settings to mitigate for my camera's lack of short range capabilities. The fact that the bug itself was huge to begin with was a huge aid as well while taking the picture. As surprising as it may be, nothing in this picture had been set up, and the leaf, the snail, and the bug were all on the same position. The bug, even with the Camera Lens inches away from its fragile body, did not notice me, and just intently stared at the snail shell. It was interesting, as, after I took the picture, and the bug flew away, I had come to realize that there was never a snail in the shell in the first place, and that the bug was just staring at an empty shell, anticipating a delicious snail. While others may call this act "hipster", and "wannabe meaningful", I deeply felt pangs of our own lives, in which we meaninglessly wait for something, instead of checking their objectives, and make sure that their object of desire is there on the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment